Search This Blog

Saturday 30 July 2011

Fleming is making me Phlegmy.

I have recently had to go on antibiotics to sort out an issue with some wisdom teeth, that I do not need (I already consider myself wise, and don't want to pass over into the smart arse category which i'm told is what will happen if I acquire wisdom teeth.) However, I may have to accommodate this extra wisdom for the time being, and in the meantime be ailed with with discomfort that they incur. So, my dentist prescribed me some antibiotics, clearly a man with a sense of humour. The first dentist in the history of the world, to have one. Aren't I lucky.

I have a bone to pick with Alexander Fleming. A seriously disgruntled bone. 'He initially characterised some of its biological properties, but he did not pursue its further development.' Oh did he now? By the way - this is in regards to penicillin (I couldn't find many quotes about amoxicillin, which I am on, turns out it has not been widely discussed in popular culture and epic novels.) If 'Alexander', probably not even his real name, had pursued further development he would have inevitably come to the conclusion that antibiotics weaken the immune system. Which is why, I am sat in bed, with a raging cold, barking when I cough and feeling generally disgusting. Thanks.


I should point out that it is possible that I am ill due to returning home at 3o'clock in the morning, but there is no evidence to prove this. Antibiotics have been proven to weaken the immune system. ha. 'Alexander Phlegming.'

No comments:

Post a Comment